Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 3: Flickr, Podcasting, and Vodcasting

AwakeningA dip in the campus fountain removes the incriminating peach juice. Zhar reminds me Flickr is next on our itinerary. Naturally he wants to find a picture of himself. But I instruct him first to pick the "jaguar" tag (I'd never seek out a member of the cat family unless it was a sphinx) while I search for "librarian" (and "Melusina"). Then together we'll browse the Libraries and Librarians group. My Melusina search led me to Sirena del Sol, who has a wonderful gallery of siren artwork. I've left her my Flickr nest address in case she would like to meet a real sirin of the air and view my collection of watercolors which include Awakening. Question after sorting librarian by "most interesting": Are human beings always more interesting if they wear glasses? Zhar joins me, puzzling over the oddities of tagging. "What do a cat and a car have in common besides the letters "ca?" "I suppose you found the tag "Firebird?" He inclines his head glumly. Our group exploration proves very tantalizing. We swoop into several links, finally landing in a Second Life virtual world inhabited by Rowdykians. Another question: Where are these Rowdykians living their First Life? Time to take care of our present avian one by filling our empty stomachs.

No comments: