Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ten Weeks Later: Catching Up With Myself

I left off describing the conclusion of our journey, in mid-flight so to speak, while Zhar and I were perusing a odd scrap of paper collected by our scavenging acquaintance, Mr. Crow, who had scooted over to our library billet to offer us the rather suspect job of educating his newly formed theatre company about the possibilities of Web 2.0 podcasts and videos. Zhar naturally declined. He has a standing engagement with the Moscow ballet. I fluffed my flight feathers and considered. A few more weeks sampling sun-ripened California while assisting some grateful thespians? Or finishing my decade-long nest tidying project in the Urals? No hard choice. To celebrate Zhar's departure and my new role as their technical advisor, the troupe laid out a delectable banquet for us at their rehearsal studio/rooming house, located (you guessed it) in that very same well-protected garden spot I have previously written about. So we feasted on fruits legitimately picked and borrowed parrot biscuits, while toasting the future success of our hosts' theatrical venture.

No comments: