Friday, February 23, 2007

Week 5: Play  #10, #11, #12

# 10  Haven't had much daylight to play. Birds are always busy searching for food to keep themselves aloft. Tiresome for the human half of me. Can I trade my Melusina image for play credit?
# 11  After circling a bit, decided on a closeup investigation of the Book (link) area of Web 2.0 Award Winners. Found 4 good perches out of 7 sighted. Using Coverpop might qualify as play since it just offers a flashy page of images. However it does have a link to MagazineArt.org's collection of vintage cover art. Zack Bookmaps, a German site, will help me locate a book about mythic (ha!) creatures in selected German, Swedish, Norwegian library catalogs (if I am fluent enough in these languages) as well as in the Library of Congress and Melvyl. Sixapart hosts personal or business and professional blogs for a fee. When I don't have a flight itinerary to follow I'll probably try out Reader2 to find some recommended books about the sort of fabulous adventures I undertake. (I'll hop back to LibraryThing for Thing #19.) But my two favorite perches are Lulu which provides a way for me to publish my autobiography online and in book format, and CiteULike, where I was able to locate a congenial group or two, such as Learn Online and eLearning whose members have submitted some articles I would consider excellent mental food. Tried a search for Mosaics that unearthed a Jstor article on Mosaic Ateliers at Tabarka with a reference to a handsome mosaic depiction of heraldic birds and orants flanked by candles.
# 12  All this flapping around has given me a human-size appetite. With Rollyo's Ask an Avian search tool I did a quick dive into my preferred wild and pet bird websites to seize tips on the most nourishing meal for a stressed avian. Better not mention what I found until I've eaten it.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Like to read and explore the places you've been.
You write a great travelogue too!