Friday, February 23, 2007

Week 6: Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati  #13, #14, #15

# 13  Not to denigrate my friends and frequent flight companions, but birds are messy creatures who mark their favorite perches with quantities of droppings. I've picked up some very slovenly habits which make my using Del.icio.us a wing-stretching challenge, therefore I am rushing back to my favorite nests to tidy before attempting to tag their contents. After tossing my smelly dead links, I dropped (oops, a very avian action) my fresh tasty ones into Del.icio.us where I am constructing a new and hopefully better nest in which to keep them. The procedure of tagging is agreeably bird-like; we visually store impressions of the creatures and landscape features we pass over. It's also familiar to have a word-cloud hovering above, although at first it appeared to be more of a word-fog
I'm still tidying but you're welcome to drop in (oops, again) for a guest's taste of what I've collected. Just follow my Flight Path (below left).
# 14  How shall I tag myself? This is the question. Perhaps Technorati will offer a solution. First I tried a Technorati Discover search for lubok to locate any interesting references to my popular 18th century hand-colored woodcut portraits and found that this style of art is still being used in Russia for political caricature and social satire. A photo link to Flickr took me to a reproduction of that Lubok favorite, Celebrating the Dead - Mice on Parade, illustrating rodents happily assisting with a drunkard cat's funeral. I resisted following one of this blog's enticing tags, Vintage Childrens Books, preferring to circle back to claim my blog at Technorati, so I, too, could entice web wanderers.
# 15  Although I visited Wikipedia before undertaking that tagging task, I'd like to fly forward into next week before talking about Web2.0 and the Library of the Future.

No comments: